RapidE interior - Aston Martin Rapid E Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

RapidE interior

I don't mind seeing the same interior design in RapidE, however, it would be nice to have some unique features for the electric model only. For now Rapide interior looks like this:

What do you want to add to this interior? I want to see a huge screen in the center panel, maybe something like Tesla's computer.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 02:49 PM

Where those vents are, I expect to see the center infotainment screen extend upwards. Or maybe it'll look similar to what we're seeing in the DB11?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Not a fan of DB11's interior design, I'd love to see more touchscreen and less buttons. Also, I don't like lack of shift stick in the car, but I think we might never see shift stick in AM again.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 11:48 AM

Aston Martin interiors are lack luster and this is even true in the new Vantage. It boggles my mind that they still stick to the same boring design in 2018. What they need to do is pull more sportier design cues from higher end AM's like the Vulcan.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Aston Martin interiors are lack luster and this is even true in the new Vantage. It boggles my mind that they still stick to the same boring design in 2018. What they need to do is pull more sportier design cues from higher end AM's like the Vulcan.
Speaking of the interior, I don't think that Vulcan's design is appropriate for cars like RapidE. The Vulcan is the absolutely different type of car and I don't understand what design cues of Vulcan's interior they can borrow for other models of AM product line?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aston-Martin-Vulcan-interior-driver-side.jpg (219.5 KB, 3 views)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze2 View Post
Speaking of the interior, I don't think that Vulcan's design is appropriate for cars like RapidE. The Vulcan is the absolutely different type of car and I don't understand what design cues of Vulcan's interior they can borrow for other models of AM product line?
Not entirely but what can be done is pulling some DNA from that design into the RapidE they dont have to go all the way but even just some things can go a long way. It just depends on how easy or hard it is to implement what they want to pull.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 05:18 PM

Perhaps the large front armrest will be carried over and the steering wheel, but I can't really imagine much else Aston can pull from it without looking dated.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 05:27 PM

DB11 provides some slight insight but that's all it is... slight in comparison to that image 3 posts above this one. Quite often aston martin has kept production interiors the same from model to model and odds are the RapidE could take after the DB11 to a large extent.

DB11 interior for reference:

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 03:07 PM

Not quite sure what model this interior is from, it claims to be a review of the Rapid E concept. http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/aston-m...concept-review

In my opinion the weakest aspect for Aston Martin has always been their lack of interior styling. For such a premium vehicle, they really have failed to deliver a worthy cabin. I would hope for the Rapid E Concept that they start with a large touch screen LCD.

Last edited by Dimitri; 01-24-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page