Aston Martin Rapide is a high performance luxury sedan - Aston Martin Rapid E Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Aston Martin Rapide is a high performance luxury sedan

Some new spy photos have just come out, showing the latest Rapide AMR. Equipped with an aggressive body kit, it features a new front fascia and a sportier grille. It also has a front splitter, side skirts, a ventilated hood and 21' alloy wheels. As with the concept, the production model will have a naturally aspirated 6.0 liter V12, that produces 591hp. That's a significant bump over the Rapide S and it will enable the Rapide AMR to be the worlds fastest four door, capable of 210 mph.

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Also just wanted to share these interior pics from the AMR concept. I for one have grown kind of tired of Alcantara, but I do like the contrast stitching and carbon fiber finish on the center console.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 11:35 AM

Doubt there's going to be that much Alacantra as standard, so you won't be seeing it in every corner of the RapidE, and that is the concept model, which automakers usually go overboard with.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

From what I've heard the company that actually supplies Alacantara actually has to turn away 20% of new business, as its plant is already running at full capacity. I really don't know why its so popular in high end models, and I agree that it looks a little overkill in this AMR. Does look nice on the seats though with the contrast stitching.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2018, 04:10 PM

Filling the interior with Alacantara won't exactly help them to stand out from the crowd. Imo this material is being way overused in premium models. It would be a cool idea for them to allow owners to customize the secondary color found on the trim, to better match whatever finish they choose.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idris View Post
Filling the interior with Alacantara won't exactly help them to stand out from the crowd. Imo this material is being way overused in premium models. It would be a cool idea for them to allow owners to customize the secondary color found on the trim, to better match whatever finish they choose.
Any level of customization should be kept to a minimum due to the fact they're still an up and coming brand when it comes to volume products. In the end a product like the Rapid E should stay very close to being monospec. Often that's accepted in these higher end models.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 05:46 PM

What I'd like to see is the taillights streamlined because it looks pretty bulky right now as a large rectangle across the bumper.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 12:09 AM

I see what you mean. Same thoughts ran through my mind with older Porsche's, now i'm happy they have finally changed that. The new Panamera and next 911 are by far some of the best modern Porsche's when it comes to design.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page