Aston Martin DBS Superleggera - Aston Martin Rapid E Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Aston Martin DBS Superleggera

Aston Martine has finally released the most powerful production model the British car market has ever made. It still doesn't quite reach Ferrari's 812 Superfast in terms of specs, but its a step up from the DB11. Thanks to an ECU tweak, this model produces 533kW (86 more than the DB11) and 900Nm of torque (up by more than 200Nm!). What most impressive is all that pulling power is available from just 1,800rpm. It goes on sale in December and will be priced from $517k.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 05:23 PM

Just head they plan on using the same V12 with the assistance of electric motors for the upcoming Lagonda.

If the DBS is priced this much then just maybe we'll see yet again another Million Dollar V12 Aston Martin.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 02:10 PM

I still prefer the body language of the new Vantage, but those power outputs are pretty phenomenal. I've heard that AM is already working on an even more powerful AMR variant, that hopes to outclass the 812.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Its looking like finally with the new Vantage that Aston Martin is starting to significantly improve upon their cabin design. That's one area where the brand has been lagging behind that of its competitors. Finally we are starting to see a more modern look inside.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 01:12 PM

Oddly enough it looks like the Superleggera has a much more bland cabin imo. Doesn't seem to have any of the carbon fiber accenting, though I do see something on the door panel that looks like some kind of wood grain finish?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

To be honest the differences are fairly negligible and I'm sure there are a variety of different colors offered on the Superleggera. And even though this model is brand new to the market, it looks like Aston already has a convertible Volante version in the works.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 05:27 PM

Aston Martin is getting to a point they can use a special performance division. It would allow them to include the sort of parts owners would otherwise do.
Personally, I think those seats are too bulky for such a sporty vehicle. BMW had it right with the M4 GTS, if AM can find a medium between that and what's currently offered above, it'll be the perfect interior.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 02:32 PM

They already have their AMR performance division, which was just unveiled last year. The first two models to get this trim were the Rapide and Vantage, but I expect we'll see it expand across their lineup.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 04:47 PM

I just think they could do more to the interiors. Aston Martin has interiors that are too casual for the level of performance its aiming for. Of all chances they have to do something different this is it.
For that reason I think Aston Martin owners swap in different seats.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page