Rumored price point - Aston Martin Rapid E Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Rumored price point

Well we know that available of the Rapid E will be limited to just 155 units, and I believe the entire production run has already been sold out. While specs are still relatively limited, there have been rumors of a base price starting around $207,775. This will make it the most expensive production electric to date I believe.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 04:21 PM

I suppose you have to be willing to pay for such an exclusive model, but I don't know if I would be willing to shell out that kind of cash for an unproven platform. Though I highly doubt that AM will fail to deliver.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 01:50 PM

Doesn't really matter how much the Rapid E costs so long as there's people willing to pay for one and the specs are impressive. Wouldn't be surprised if the final price with additional options hit the $300k mark.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

I do find a little surprising that they are all spoken for, seeing as how there has been very little information released about it. I guess whenever something is offered in such a limited production run, that's going to increase the amount of people who buy in early.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 04:44 PM

Not entirely a shocker because often dealers get customers that are frequent buyers onto a contact list.
In these higher segments people switch vehicles a lot.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 02:16 PM

Yeah I can almost guarantee that most of those pre orders came from current or previous AM owners. They obviously have faith in the brand to deliver with the Rapid E, even though its an entirely new powertrain. At least with such a limited production run they should be able to maintain a high level of quality control.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Well the $200k AMR is looking pretty impressive, especially considering its a four door with 595bhp. I would expect that those 210 examples are probably mostly spoken for already as well.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
Well the $200k AMR is looking pretty impressive, especially considering its a four door with 595bhp. I would expect that those 210 examples are probably mostly spoken for already as well.
Often people are on a waiting list before the public even finds out about a new model. Dealers selling vehicles this high end often sell to the same clients and know what certain clients are looking for. At least for those owners, the Rapide should do well at holding its value.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 01:54 PM

I suppose with an Aston Martin that there is not much to worry about build quality wise, that would pose a risk in buying into a new model so early. I don't really know what could be done to prevent its depreciation, but limited availability should create a demand for used models on the market.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idris View Post
I suppose with an Aston Martin that there is not much to worry about build quality wise, that would pose a risk in buying into a new model so early. I don't really know what could be done to prevent its depreciation, but limited availability should create a demand for used models on the market.
Its only going to get better for Aston Martin as they come out with higher end products which benefits all models they carry.

Brand image plays a major role in why products sell, Aston Martin has it and continues to grow. Soon a supercar/hypercar will be here.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page