An electric supercar to rival them all - Aston Martin Rapid E Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

An electric supercar to rival them all

Hey guys, new forum member here. Boy what an exciting time it is to be a super car enthusiast. It sure is going to be an exciting race to see which company can get the first concept to market. I've always loved Aston Martins and I have a very good feeling that we wont be disappointed in what they deliver.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 12:54 PM

Aston Martin will definitely have at least one rival in the upcoming Porsche Mission E and of course the Tesla, both producers or above standard vehicles. Aston Martin will definitely not disappoint with competition like that.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 01:10 PM

While it might be good, how great it is compared to the Mission E and similar products that will rival it is in question. When it comes to options, that's what i'm limited to. Hopefully Audi does something, along with Mercedes
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

The whole AMG lineup is rumored to be making the switch to electric, so I would count on many of their high end sports cars to enter this category. Every automaker seems to have bold plans to build the best electric sports car, and it'll be interesting to see who can deliver the best bang for your buck. Don't forget the extremely high standard that Tesla has set, and the rumored specs of the new Roadster will be hard to surpass.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
The whole AMG lineup is rumored to be making the switch to electric, so I would count on many of their high end sports cars to enter this category. Every automaker seems to have bold plans to build the best electric sports car, and it'll be interesting to see who can deliver the best bang for your buck. Don't forget the extremely high standard that Tesla has set, and the rumored specs of the new Roadster will be hard to surpass.
I hope with that move we see more affordable sports car shows up, and I mean real sports cars. The AMG GT is one of them, but could use a lighter and more driver focused sports coupe with an electric powertrain.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

I mean typically we don't see affordable and electric within the same sentence. I'm sure that Mercedes is leaning towards hybrid powertrains to start rather than full blown electrics. They just wont be able to manufacture EV's at a price point that people will be interested in. As technology in this segment evolves, we'll get closer to your affordable sport ev's.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I mean typically we don't see affordable and electric within the same sentence. I'm sure that Mercedes is leaning towards hybrid powertrains to start rather than full blown electrics. They just wont be able to manufacture EV's at a price point that people will be interested in. As technology in this segment evolves, we'll get closer to your affordable sport ev's.
Expecting it now while the EV industry is still starting off is too much to ask for. The closest thing we can see to that happening is an electric polaris slingshot or something to that effect.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

It looks like the long rumored electric Harley Davidson Livewire will finally be entering production in the coming months. With shifts towards electrics even in the bike industry, we may see a wider array of performance EV's come to market. No rumours around a price point yet, but I don't expect it to be cheap and keep it mind it was first announced in 2014.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 11:24 PM

Quote:
It looks like the long rumored electric Harley Davidson Livewire will finally be entering production in the coming months. With shifts towards electrics even in the bike industry, we may see a wider array of performance EV's come to market. No rumours around a price point yet, but I don't expect it to be cheap and keep it mind it was first announced in 2014.
Can't wait to see that but right now information is limited on what we can expect. On top of that it was more of a cruiser than anything else. Meaning, we will get some performance, but its similar in proportion to cruisers offered today.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page